PolyVISC® AIRBATH® Dilute Solution Polymer Viscometer
For Dilute Solution Viscosity of Polymers in Organic Solvents to 135 °C
ASTM D1601, ASTM D2857, ASTM D4020, ISO 1628-1, ISO 1628-3
PolyVISC® is a fully automated, benchtop capillary viscometer with an 11 position sample handler for unattended processing and testing of of dilute solution viscosity of polymers in organic solvents. The ultra-stable thermostatic air chamber provides temperature control from 100 °C to 135 °C.
- Thermoplastic elastomers
Designed to meet specific polymer industry needs
- Meets methods D1601, D2857, D4020, and ISO 1628-1, 1628-3
- On-board software with specialized polymer calculations determines relative, inherent, reduced and intrinsic viscosity
- Ultra-stable thermostatic air chamber with AIRBATH® technology provides excellent temperature control from 100 °C to 135 °C (± 0.03 °C).
- Kinematic viscosity range: 0.3 mm2/s (cSt) to 30 mm2/s (cSt).
Fully automated bench-top testing
- User-friendly software controls the instrument and facilitates tasks such as sampling, measurement and viscometer tube washing.
- 11 position sample handler allows for unattended operation.
- Automated processing reduces operator to operator variability.
Compact, robust design
- Bench-top design conserves valuable lab space.
Simplified maintenance & test versatility
- AIRBATH® chamber allows for rapid temperature and viscometer changes.
- Uses modified Ubbelohde tubes.
- Volatile sample testing option provides protection from solvent evaporation to enhance test precision and reduce the presence of toxic or corrosive vapors in the AIRBATH® chamber.
|Maximum thoughput||6 tests per hour|
|Automated sample capacity||11|
|Viscosity range||0.3 mm²/s (cSt) to 30 mm²/s (cSt)|
|Timing resolution||0.01 s|
|Temperature range and accuracy||100 °C to 135 °C ± 0.03 °C|
|Minimum sample/solvent volume||10 mL sample/20 mL solvent per test|
|Operating conditions||15 °C to 30 °C, 10% to 75% relative humidity (non-condensing), Installation Category II; Pollution Degree 2|
|Electrical specifications||100 Vac, 50/60 Hz; 115 Vac, 50/60 Hz; 230 Vac, 50/60 Hz; 1000 watts power consumption|
|Compliance||CE Mark; EMC directive (2004/108/EC); Low voltage directive (2006/95/EC); HI-POT (1900 Vdc, 60 sec.); ROHS|
|Additional standard features||Internal heated waste drain lines, dual solvent input|
|Data output||RS-232 and RS-485|
Link to Downloads page for Software and Firmware