ASTM D6450, ASTM D7094
The ERAFLASH LT is the ideal instrument if samples with flash points below ambient temperature or even below 0°C are measured. It is preconfigured for the automatic measurement in full compliance with the latest and safest Continuously Closed Cup Flash Point (CCCFP) standards ASTM D6450 and ASTM D7084 and in excellent correlation with ASTM D93, ASTM D56, ASTM D3828 ISO 2719, ISO 13736, EN ISO 3679 and 3680. The stacked Peltier design allows measurements according to ASTM D7094 with oven temperatures as low as -40° C. The innovative CCCFP methods use only 1 mL to 2 mL of sample that is sealed in a closed chamber during the whole measurement process.
Common Applications Include:
- Specifying Fuels
- Analyzing Fresh and Used Lubricating Oils
- Bitumen Testing
To increase sample throughput for low temperature flash point testing the ERAFLASH LT was equipped with stacked Peltier elements. Simple low temperature flash point testing is possible without the need to cool the equipment with dry ice or other substances. This leads to three major improvements for low temperature flash point testing:
- The cooling speed of the instrument was increased by approximately 35%.
- Without any external cooling temperatures approximately 35 °C below ambient temperature (for instance -15 °C) are accessible.
- With external water cooling low temperature flash point testing down to -40 °C oven temperature is possible.
- Equipped with a coolant valve that automatically shuts the coolant flow off if not needed, eliminating condensation.
Easy Four-Step Measurement Procedure:
- Enter sample ID and operator name
- Select the measurement standard and add additional parameters (e.g. expected flash point)
- Fill the sample cup with sample (1 mL or 2 mL), place the sample cup inside the measurement chamber, and close the door
- Press the RUN button
Characteristics of the low temperature flash point testing can be seen in the Combustion Graphics on the large touchscreen display.
|Dimensions (W × D × H)||22 cm × 32 cm × 28 cm (8.7 in × 12.6 in × 11 in)|
|Weight||8 kg (17.6 lb)|
|Available test methods||ASTM D6450, ASTM D7094|
|Preprogrammed Correlation Methods||Pensky Martens Closed Cup: ASTM D93, EN ISO 2719, DIN 51758, JIS K2265
TAG Closed Cup: ASTM D56
Abel Pensky Closed Cup: ISO 13736, IP 170
Small Scale Closed Cup and Flash/No Flash methods: ASTM D3828, EN ISO 3679, EN ISO 3680
|Fuel Specifications (ASTM D7094)||
ASTM D396, ASTM D975, ASTM D2880, ASTM D3699, ASTM D7467
|Speed Tests||Fast screening test programs for unknown samples|
|Sample Volume||1 mL (ASTM D6450) or 2 mL (ASTM D7094)|
|Sample Throughput||Up to 12 samples per hour|
|Temperature Range||-15 °C to 120 °C stand alone. No external chiller required.
Down to -40 °C (-13 °F) with water cooling/chiller
|Temperature Stability||0.1 °C (0.2 °F)|
|Fuel Dilution Program||Automatic fuel dilution measurement for used engine oils analysis|
|Result Database||Over 100,000 detailed test reports stored in internal memory|
|Power Requirements||Auto-switching 85 - 264 V AC, 47 - 63 Hz max. 150 W (multi-voltage power supply)
Field application: 12 V DC (vehicle battery) adaptor available