PolyVISC® AIRBATH® Dilute Solution Polymer Viscometer
For Dilute Solution Viscosity of Polymers in Organic Solvents and Aqueous Solutions to 135 °C
ASTM D789, ASTM D1243, ASTM D1601, ASTM D1795, ASTM D2857, ASTM D...
PolyVISC® is a fully automated, benchtop capillary viscometer with an 11 position sample handler for unattended processing and testing of of dilute solution viscosity of polymers in organic solvents and aqueous solutions. The ultra-stable thermostatic air chamber provides temperature control from 20 °C to 135 °C (with available options).
- Thermoplastic elastomers
- Polymer blends
- Viscosity modifiers
Designed to meet specific polymer industry needs
- Meets methods ASTM D789, D1243, D1601, D1795, D2857, D3591, D4243, D4603, D5336, ISO 1628-1, 1628-3, 1628-5 and ISO 5351
- Standard unit is compatible with organic solvents and aqueous solutions. Upgrade to PVDF/PTFE components permits testing with highly aggressive solvents.
- On-board software with specialized polymer calculations determines relative, inherent, reduced and intrinsic viscosity
- Ultra-stable thermostatic air chamber with AIRBATH® technology provides excellent temperature control (±0.01 °C) from 20 °C to 100 °C (high temperature bath option provides range to 135 °C)
- Kinematic viscosity range: 0.3 mm2/s (cSt) to 20,000 mm2/s (cSt) in 100-fold increments. Special ranges available.
Fully automated bench-top testing
- User-friendly software controls the instrument and facilitates tasks such as sampling, measurement and viscometer tube washing.
- 11 position sample handler allows for unattended operation
- Automated processing reduces operator to operator variability
Compact, robust design
- Bench-top design conserves valuable lab space
- Built-in thermoelectric cooling requires no external chiller
Simplified maintenance & test versatility
- Accurately measures viscosity of opague and transparent samples. Standard infrared sensors available for transparent samples and some opague samples.
- AIRBATH® chamber allows for rapid temperature and viscometer changes
- Uses either a modified Atlantic compound viscometer tube (applicable for most samples) or a modified Ubbelohde tube (for volatile samples)
- Volatile sample testing option provides protection from solvent evaporation to enhance test precision and reduce the presence of toxic or corrosive vapors in the AIRBATH® chamber
|Maximum thoughput||12 tests per hour|
|Automated sample capacity||11|
|Viscosity range||0.3 mm²/s (cSt) to 60,000 mm²/s (cSt) in 100-fold increments*
*depending on viscometer tube selection
|Timing resolution||0.01 s|
|Temperature range and accuracy||20 °C to 100 °C ± 0.01 °C
40 °C to 135 °C with high temperature option
|Minimum sample/solvent volume||10 mL sample*/20 mL solvent per test
*as little as 5 mL with low volume vial teting option
|Operating conditions||15 °C to 30 °C, 10% to 75% relative humidity (non-condensing), Installation Category II; Pollution Degree 2|
|Electrical specifications||100 Vac, 50/60 Hz; 115 Vac, 50/60 Hz; 230 Vac, 50/60 Hz; 1000 watts power consumption|
|Compliance||CE Mark; EMC directive (2004/108/EC); Low voltage directive (2006/95/EC); HI-POT (1900 Vdc, 60 sec.); ROHS|
|Additional standard features||Internal heated waste drain lines, dual solvent input|
|Data output||RS-232 and RS-485|
Link to Downloads page for Software and Firmware