Cannon Instrument Company is a recognized world leader in the manufacture and support of high-precision viscosity and rheology measurement products and services. The company's longstanding emphasis on production of premiere-quality laboratory equipment has kept CANNON at the cutting edge of research and development for viscosity instrumentation.
If you are interested in joining our team, please review the opportunities listed below. Cannon Instrument Company offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Cannon Instrument Company is an Equal Opportunity/Access/AffirmativeAction/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V. Download our employment application.
Mail completed application to:
Cannon Instrument Company
2139 High Tech Road
State College, PA 16803
fax to: 814-353-8007
A cover letter, specifying the position of interest, and a resume may also be sent to our Director of Human Resources.
Research & Product Development Engineer
Work within the product development (R&D) team to research and develop novel technologies for future laboratory and industrial instrumentation relating to the physical properties of liquids and semi-solids. Provide hands-on engineering expertise required for the research, design, development, and validation of working concept prototypes. Assist the development team with moving successful concepts forward to the launch of new products. Provide research and engineering assistance with adaptations and performance improvements to existing instrumentation.
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Research and evaluate existing technologies and patents and develop new novel approaches for the measurement of physical properties of liquids and semi-solid fluids.
- Advance existing company intellectual property and know-how towards working concept prototypes for purposes of validating performance.
- Design and develop working prototype electro-mechanical instrumentation.
- Design and carry out experiments for purposes of validating concepts and prototype instruments and sub-systems.
- Provide technical support relating to these technologies to the product development team and engineering group.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
- This position requires a Bachelor’s of Science in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Engineering Science, or other related technical discipline.
- This position requires strong analytical and technical problem solving skills.
- Minimum of three years’ hands on experience required in an experimental design and product development role.
- Working knowledge of either mechanical or electrical CAD packages.
- Experience using Labview to test out concepts and implement prototypes strongly desired.
- Programming experience a plus.
- This position requires a proactive and self-motivated individual.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively and work with cross functional teams.
- Must be able to manage multiple tasks and adapt to changing priorities.
- Must have proficient knowledge of physics, chemical, material, and physical properties.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- This position frequently requires standing, sitting, walking, talking, hearing, visual acuity and operation of equipment. This position occasionally requires finger dexterity, reaching, lifting (average weight 20#), and operation of motor vehicle. This position rarely requires climbing and crawling and never requires running, tasting or smelling.
- Must be able to manage multiple projects and tasks.
- Must be able to play close attention to detail.
- Must be able to work in an environment that is constantly changing.
- Must be able to handle frequent deadlines.
- Must be able to work closely with others.
- There is a predictable work schedule.
- There is a high level of decision making.
- There is a high level of creativity required.
Applications can also be submitted here: