CANNON Instrument Company® is a recognized world leader in the manufacture and support of high-precision viscosity and rheology measurement products and services. The company's longstanding emphasis on production of premiere-quality laboratory equipment has kept CANNON® at the cutting edge of research and development for viscosity instrumentation.
If you are interested in joining our team, please review the opportunities listed below. CANNON Instrument Company offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. EOE/M/F/D/V. Download our employment application.
Mail completed application to:
CANNON Instrument Company
2139 High Tech Road
State College, PA 16803
fax to: 814 353 8007
A cover letter, specifying the position of interest, and a resume may also be sent to our Director of Human Resources.
Glass Viscometer Cleaner
Essential duties and responsibilities
- Cleaning glass capillary viscometers, following the S.L.O.P. and oral directions.
- Maintain support equipment used in the cleaning of glass capillary viscometers.
- Maintain a necessary amount of cleaning chemicals in proper containers.
- Transfer waste oil from temporary containers to bulk waste containers in chemical room.
- Transfer oily rags from temporary container to bulk container in chemical room.
- Transfer glass capillary viscometers that require further testing to filling station.
- Transfer completed glass capillary viscometers to measurement/packaging area.
- Maintain an orderly clean and uncluttered work station.
- Maximize the concepts of Lean Manufacturing.
Knowledge, skills and abilities required
- This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Basic computer knowledge is necessary.
- Laboratory work experience in an analytical chemistry lab is preferable but not required.
- Good communication skills are a must.
Applications can also be submitted here: