Cannon Instrument Company is a recognized world leader in the manufacture and support of high-precision viscosity and rheology measurement products and services. The company's longstanding emphasis on production of premiere-quality laboratory equipment has kept CANNON at the cutting edge of research and development for viscosity instrumentation.
If you are interested in joining our team, please review the opportunities listed below. Cannon Instrument Company offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Cannon Instrument Company is an Equal Opportunity/Access/AffirmativeAction/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V. Download our employment application.
Mail completed application to:
Cannon Instrument Company
2139 High Tech Road
State College, PA 16803
fax to: 814-353-8007
A cover letter, specifying the position of interest, and a resume may also be sent to our Director of Human Resources.
Scientific Glass Blower
Cannon Instrument Company is seeking an enthusiastic, detail oriented, self-motivated, and reliant individual to fill our open Scientific Glass Blower position and produce the highest quality glass apparatus possible. The ideal candidates will be able to follow verbal instructions and procedures, read and interpret technical drawings, communicate effectively both verbally and in written form, and possess outstanding scientific glass blowing skills. We are looking for team members who are self-directed, responsible, and flexible. Good team fit is important.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Operation of glassblowing lathe torch and wet saw.
- Material preparation as needed.
- Must be capable of performing basic glass lathe functions to documented quality standards, and within established time standards.
- Able to consistently check workmanship and dimensional integrity to ensure it meets specification and size tolerances.
- Must perform job functions in accordance with established safety rules/practices.
- Must be competent at working with close tolerances.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities Required:
- Ability to read calipers, rule and interpret information on drawings.
- Minimum three years’ experience.
- Mastery of items in duties list.
- Basic math skills a must.
- Must be willing to work with open flame.
- Ability to follow all safety precautions a must.
Applications can also be submitted here: