Cannon Instrument Company is a recognized world leader in the manufacture and support of high-precision viscosity and rheology measurement products and services. The company's longstanding emphasis on production of premiere-quality laboratory equipment has kept CANNON at the cutting edge of research and development for viscosity instrumentation.
If you are interested in joining our team, please review the opportunities listed below. Cannon Instrument Company offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Cannon Instrument Company is an Equal Opportunity/Access/AffirmativeAction/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V. Download our employment application.
Mail completed application to:
Cannon Instrument Company
2139 High Tech Road
State College, PA 16803
fax to: 814-353-8007
A cover letter, specifying the position of interest, and a resume may also be sent to our Director of Human Resources.
Equipment Production Assembler
Work as part of a team having responsibility for assembling an entire product or component of a product. Team assemblers can perform all tasks conducted by the team in the assembly process and rotate through all or most of them rather than being assigned to a specific task on a permanent basis. Work directly in manufacturing on tasks ranging from repetitive to non-repetitive production assembly operation on mechanical and elector mechanical assemblies.
Essential Duties include:
- Perform assembly on boards, panels, drawers, frames, and cables of electrical and electromechanical assemblies working from drawings, diagrams and work instructions.
- Perform pre-assembly setup using drawings, diagrams, pictures, and work instructions.
- Pull parts from pick tickets for production.
- Inform Cell Coordinator of any “low quantity” parts.
- Label parts for reordering.
- Use tools as necessary to assemble electrical, electro-mechanical, electro-optical and sensor assemblies.
- Make continuity checks on assemblies and conduct quality inspections of assembled work.
- Operate Hypot and Ground-Bond test equipment to engineering specifications.
- Prepares and maintains test records and reports as required.
- Test equipment and sub assemblies.
- Perform necessary checkout procedures on assemblies.
- Maximize the concepts of Lean Manufacturing.
- One (1) plus year experience assembling mechanical, electrical and electro-mechanical assemblies.
- Experience using hand crimpers, cutters, wrenches, and other assembly tools.
- Knowledge of proper dies required for crimping selected pin and/or terminal.
- Experience with the fundamentals of ESD.
- Experience with multi-meters.
- Ability to maneuver and lift up to 60 pounds
Applications can also be submitted here:
Regional Field Service Engineer I
Customer Technical Support. This includes product phone support, traveling on-site to install or repair products, training of customers, and assist with return to factory repair and support. Expect to travel up to 66% of the time, although 50% is the goal. Expense reports and repair reports must be completed accurately and punctually.
Essential duties include:
- Dispatched from State College factory for domestic and international installations and service. Alternatively, dispatching from a remote location within the US is possible.
- Perform work necessary to successfully complete new instrument installations, instrument upgrades, maintenance, and repairs, application troubleshooting, and other related service functions. Involves direct support of Cannon software applications on customer’s computer.
- Must maintain daily contact with Service Scheduling Coordinator.
- Responsible for filing field service reports upon completion of all service, installation, and support jobs.
- Assist with phone support, service correspondence, and repairs when at the factory office.
- Self-motivated, positive attitude.
- Two-year technical degree or equivalent technical experience.
- Strong technical problem solving, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Petroleum laboratory experience with distillation and flash point testers is desired but not required.
- Experience in the following areas is preferred but not required:
- microprocessors, sensitive digital and analog circuitry, and sensors
- electro-mechanical instrumentation
- phone and communications support
- Licensed motor-vehicle operator with valid automobile driver’s license.
Applications can also be submitted here: