Cannon Instrument Company is a recognized world leader in the manufacture and support of high-precision viscosity and rheology measurement products and services. The company's longstanding emphasis on production of premiere-quality laboratory equipment has kept CANNON at the cutting edge of research and development for viscosity instrumentation.
If you are interested in joining our team, please review the opportunities listed below. Cannon Instrument Company offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. Cannon Instrument Company is an Equal Opportunity/Access/AffirmativeAction/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer. EOE/M/F/D/V. Download our employment application.
Mail completed application to:
Cannon Instrument Company
2139 High Tech Road
State College, PA 16803
fax to: 814-353-8007
A cover letter, specifying the position of interest, and a resume may also be sent to our Director of Human Resources.
Regional Field Service Engineer I
Customer Technical Support. This includes product phone support, traveling on-site to install or repair products, training of customers, and assist with return to factory repair and support. Expect to travel up to 66% of the time, although 50% is the goal. Expense reports and repair reports must be completed accurately and punctually.
Essential duties include:
- Dispatched from State College factory for domestic and international installations and service. Alternatively, dispatching from a remote location within the US is possible.
- Perform work necessary to successfully complete new instrument installations, instrument upgrades, maintenance, and repairs, application troubleshooting, and other related service functions. Involves direct support of Cannon software applications on customer’s computer.
- Must maintain daily contact with Service Scheduling Coordinator.
- Responsible for filing field service reports upon completion of all service, installation, and support jobs.
- Assist with phone support, service correspondence, and repairs when at the factory office.
- Self-motivated, positive attitude.
- Two-year technical degree or equivalent technical experience.
- Strong technical problem solving, interpersonal, and communication skills.
- Petroleum laboratory experience with distillation and flash point testers is desired but not required.
- Experience in the following areas is preferred but not required:
- microprocessors, sensitive digital and analog circuitry, and sensors
- electro-mechanical instrumentation
- phone and communications support
- Licensed motor-vehicle operator with valid automobile driver’s license.
Applications can also be submitted here: