Sample testing per ASTM methodology with fast, accurate results
Our testing lab now offers five separate ASTM tests for viscosity measurements on fuels and lubricants:
- Kinematic Viscosity per ASTM D 445 at all temperatures between 55°C and +150°C
- Cranking Viscosity per ASTM D 5293 at
35, 30, 25, 20, 15, 10, and 5°C
- Pumping Viscosity per ASTM D 4684 at
–40, –35, –30, –26, –20, and –12 °C
Certified kinematic viscosity and viscosity determinations may also be requested for glass capillary viscometry. It will normally require four weeks to provide certified test results.
All samples will be held for a minimum of 30 days. Test data will be retained for three years following testing.
Testing of client materials is available subject to availability of equipment and personnel.
Fill out the Sample Processing Form and fax back to number listed on the form or call CANNON at 1-814-353-8000 to request information.
All submitted materials must include the customer’s MSDS.
If you need fast and accurate viscosity or kinematic viscosity determinations, contact us for details of our viscosity testing services.
Cannon’s testing laboratory is ISO 9001 registered through Underwriters Laboratories and has ISO 9001 registration for the viscosity certification of customer-supplied materials. Goods and services to which CANNON Instrument Company is ISO 9001 registered:
- SIC Code 3823 (US): Industrial Instruments for Measurement, Display, and Control of Process Variables; and Related Products.
- The manufacture and certification of viscosity standards and the viscosity certification of customer-supplied materials.
- The provision of calibration services for viscometers and kinematic viscosity thermometers.
The company has received ISO/IEC 17025 and Guide 34 accreditations for technical competence in the field of calibration through A2LA.