CANNON® Instrument Company is a recognized world leader in the manufacture and support of high-precision viscosity measurement products and services. The company's longstanding emphasis on production of premiere-quality laboratory equipment has kept CANNON at the cutting edge of research and development for viscosity instrumentation serving a variety of industries.
Download our employment application.
Qualified applicants should send resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org or fax to 814 353 3320, attention Jessica Griffin, or via mail to Human Resources, 2139 High Tech Road, State College, PA 16803.
CANNON® Instrument Company is looking for a Research Engineer to work within the product development team to research and develop novel technologies for future laboratory and industrial instrumentation relating to the physical properties of liquids and semi solids. Provide hands-on engineering and physics expertise required for the research, design, development, and validation of working concept prototypes. Assist the development team with moving successful concepts forward to the launch of new products. Provide research and engineering assistance with adaptations and performance improvements to existing instrumentation.
- Research and evaluate existing technologies and patents and develop new novel approaches for the measurement of physical properties of liquids and semi-solid fluids.
- Advance existing company intellectual property and know-how towards working concept prototypes for purposes of validating performance.
- Design and develop working prototype electro-mechanical instrumentation.
- Design and carry out experiments for purposes of validating concepts and prototype instruments and sub-systems.
- Provide technical support relating to these technologies to the product development team and engineering group.
- This position requires a Master’s of Science in Chemical Engineering, Material Science or other related technical discipline.
- This position requires strong analytical and technical problem solving skills.
- Minimum of four years’ experience in a product development and experimental design environment required.
- This position requires a proactive and self-motivated individual.
Cannon Instrument Company offers a competitive salary and benefit package. Salary is commensurate with experience and qualifications. EOE