Here is a list of the questions and answers our customers most frequently ask.
- How can I determine if I have the latest software and/or firmware revision, and how can I receive a copy of the latest version?
- The latest firmware is available from the Download section of this website. To have the firmware or software shipped, contact Cannon order entry.
- Can I connect my Cannon equipment software to my LIMs system?
- Yes the current Cannon software revisions allow for connection to LIMs systems. The VISCPRO software platform will allow the end user to configure the data stream to a RS232 Serial Port, an ASCII text file, a delimited file (ie: comma separated value .csv), and specification of the path.
- What should I do if the software appears to work incorrectly?
- Cannon software has online help available, with a few exceptions. Manuals are available at the Download section of this website, as are the software help files. If your question is not addressed by these mediums, contact Cannon Service.
- Are there any instruments which you no longer fully service?
- How can I find assistance with repair or operation of Cannon instrumentation?
- 1) Manuals can be downloaded in pdf format.
- 2) Email Cannon Service, with your question and what info to include. Be sure to include the following information (instrument type, model, serial #, year purchased, company name, your name, and software and firmware version)
Local Service / Support
- How can I receive support on the Cannon product line?
- Cannon offers local support internationally through a network of qualified factory-trained international dealers. Please contact your local dealer first and if, for any reason, you need further assistance, contact Cannon directly.
- All domestic service is dispatched from our home office in State College, PA, and our Gulf Coast office located in the Houston area. For domestic service contact the Technical Services group.
- How can I offer feedback regarding the service I received from Cannon?
- Simply fill out the appropriate survey for the type of service received and submit it to Cannon
- How can I determine if my instrument meets the requirements specified in a particular method?
- The Cannon Catalog and instrument brochures typically specify the methods to which the instrument complies. The manuals also typically contain this information. If you have a question regarding a particular section or paragraph of a method, contact the helpful Technical Services Staff.
- If I have an upcoming audit, how can I prepare for the audit in advance?
- Review the methodology and the instrument manual. Make certain you have written test procedures for your laboratory, or refer to the manual as your procedure.
- If I have further questions, or if the auditor is asking questions for which I do not have the answer, how can I find the answer?
- What types of training are available from Cannon?
- Cannon offers seminars for operation and repair of the instruments, ranging from basic, to intermediate, and advanced levels. Cannon will soon offer courses in viscosity testing practices and product applications.
- Where is the training available?
- Cannon offers training seminars at their headquarters in State College. On-site training is also available including international training. Contact Cannon Technical Services for more information, quotation, and schedules for training.
- Who performs the training?
- Trained and qualified Cannon Technical Service Engineers provide the training for all levels of seminars.
- Are group discounts available for training seminars?
Comments / Criticisms / Complaints
- How can I enter my comments, concerns, or complaints regarding Cannon products and service?
- The website surveys are designed to allow your feedback to reach the appropriate personnel at Cannon.
- How will Cannon respond to the comments?
- The ISO 9001 procedures require that all complaints be acted upon appropriately. Typically your comments or complaints will generate a response via the same medium. If the response is unacceptable, contact the Director of Quality.
- Has Cannon achieved ISO 9001 certification?
- Cannon Instrument Company is certified to ISO 9001. Cannon completed the ISO 9001 audit July 8, 2003 and expects to be certified shortly.
- Cannon is presently registered through Underwriters Laboratory (UL).
- Is Cannon Instrument Company ISO/IEC 17025 Accredited?
- Yes. The Accreditation is valid through May 31, 2005.
- Who is the ISO/IEC 17025 accrediting body?
- Cannon is accredited by A2LA (American Association of Laboratory Accreditation).
- Do accrediting bodies in other countries recognize Cannon’s ISO certification?
- Through the Mutual Recognition Agreements (MRA) between accrediting bodies, the A2LA accreditation is recognized globally. More information is available through the A2LA website.
- How can I receive a copy of the ISO certification?
- The ISO/IEC 17025 scope of accreditation is available at the A2LA website. Both the ISO/IEC 17025 scope of accreditation and the ISO 9001 certificate are available via email or fax by contacting sales at Cannon
To get additional help contact Cannon, and have the following information ready: type, model, serial #, hardware/software/etc.